Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Circ Maps

I have sent out a spreadsheet showing the circ map as it is now. (Mind you I am not recommending changing it). I just wanted to give everyone a listing of how the system circulates the various item types. I’ve added a column for the max number of charges and details about each line. These details are things like # days for the circ, amount of fine, max fine and # or renewals. The entire circ map consists of 752 lines broken out as so:

Public Libraries/Defaults: 272 lines
Del Tech: 423 lines

Sussex Tech HS: 37 lines
Wesley: 20 lines

A couple of things to remember when looking at this spreadsheet.

The circ map is read form the bottom up. That is why at the very top is a rule that does not allow anything to circ. If you ever hit that it means we have an item type not captured in the map. (Not likely but that is why we have that rule).

This is only a part of the map, the part for the public libraries. The other libraries have already received their individual spreadsheets. If you want to see those I have also posted them to the documents web site. http://consortium.lib.de.us/

No comments: