All, I noticed that there were still some holds being placed for the WEBSERVER account. We found a solution to that. I tested it and it does work so I am adding a line to the Hold Map that basically does not allow the WEBSERVER user to place any holds. This will take effect tomorrow. Now the only thing that might happen that you will hear about in the library is this. A patron goes to place a hold and mistypes their ID and the system logs them in as WEBSERVER. They go to place the hold but the Hold Map will not allow it so instead of the confirmation screen they get a notice, “HOLD NOT ALLOWED.” Not the most informative of messages. I am looking at changing it but I cannot find the label variable I need for that. So if you get any calls from patrons asking why they are no longer allowed to place holds, just tell them that there was an error with the login, and that is why the hold could not be placed. I hope to have a label that states that very soon in place of the basic message. I wanted to let all of you know in case it comes up in the library. Walk them through the logon process if you can or tell them you will place the hold over the phone. Either way I do not expect many problems like this as the number of holds placed by the WEBSERVER is a fraction of what it used to be. If you have any questions email me.
Thursday, August 03, 2006
WEBSERVER Holds
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment